The relocation of your firm is very important and sometimes difficult task. To assist you, we have established a few procedures that will eliminate some of the headaches that you are likely to encounter on moving day. Click here to download a Moving Policy Form.
- Elevator Use:
To ensure an efficient flow of furniture and material, proper scheduling of elevators is a necessity. Elevator reservations will be made through the Property Management Office with a minimum of 72 hours, i.e. 3 business days prior notice. All moves will take place before 8:00am and after 6:00pm during the week or at any time on weekends. A member of your staff must be present to direct the moving company.
Once you have established your office at 1200 New Hampshire Avenue, we request that you continue to give us 72 hours, i.e. 3 business day notice prior to any large deliveries.
- Keys and After-Hours Security Cards:
Keys to your office and security keys will be turned over to a designated representative of your firm on the day that you are scheduled to move into the building. The keys can be picked up at the Property Management Office. A member of the property management team will be on hand to answer any questions.
- Moving Policy:
To facilitate your move-in and to eliminate any misunderstandings, we strongly urge that you review the attached Moving Policy with the moving company prior to the day of your arrival.
- Loading Dock:
Please advise your movers that all shipments are to enter the building through the loading dock, accessed from the Ward Street side of the building. Once there, all furniture, files and other items are to be moved through the rear service corridor to the freight elevator. Deliveries are not permitted through the lobby.
- Additional Security:
Since the after-hours use of the loading dock makes unauthorized entry into the building possible, you may be required to provide a security officer to patrol this area at all times during the move. Arrangements for the service are to be made through the Property Management Office.
- Air conditioning during the move:
The building’s automated system may be used to access overtime HVAC. Instructions for operating this system are included in this manual. Individual access codes will be provided prior to your move. Your lease determines the current hourly rate.
- Cleaning your new office before and after the move:
Prior to the move-in, your new offices will be thoroughly cleaned. On the evening the move-in is completed, our janitorial crew will return to vacuum and pick up minor packing debris. Your moving company should be prepared to fold and remove all packing boxes and other materials. There will be an extra charge if building personnel have to perform this service.
The following rules apply to moving furniture, equipment and supplies in or out of the building.
ANY MOVERS WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING RULES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE PREMISES OR WILL BE REQUIRED TO DISCONTINUE THE MOVE.
- Clean masonite sections furnished by the mover will be used as runners on all finished floor areas along the move route. The masonite must be at least one-quarter inch thick, 4' x 8' sheets in elevator lobbies and corridors, and 32" sheets through doors and in tenant space. All sections of masonite must be taped together to prohibit sliding.
- All walls, door facings, elevator cabs and other areas along the move route will be inspected by the Building Management and moving company personnel before and after the move. The mover must provide and install protective coverings on all walls, door facings, elevator cabs and other areas which may be subject to damage. Protective coverings may not be taped directly to painted wall surfaces.
- Any damage to the building or fixtures caused by the move will be repaired or paid for by the moving company.
- Only the freight elevator will be used for the movement of furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Large quantities of furniture, equipment or supplies must be moved before 8:00 AM and after 6:00 PM on weekdays or on weekends or holidays. Weekday morning moves must be completed by 8:00 AM.
- The moving company must make arrangements with the Property Management Office for use of the elevators. A firm arrival time will be established. Any delays caused by late arrival will result in a charge to the moving company of $50.00 per hour.
- The moving company must carry insurance including the following minimum coverage. Please contact Property Management for a sample COI:
- Worker’s compensation in statutory limits for the District of Columbia with employee’s liability limit of $1,000,000; bodily injury and property damage liability insurance comprehensive general liability form. A certificate evidencing same and naming Landlord and Property Manager must be presented to the Property Management Office before any items may be moved into the building. In addition, the moving company must indemnify and save Landlord harmless from and against all claims, demands and causes of action of every kind in character arising in favor of moving company’s employees, Landlord’s employees or other third parties on account of bodily injury, personal injury, death or damage to property in any way resulting from willful or negligent acts of omission or moving company, its agents, employees, representatives or subcontractors.
The certificate must indicate that a subrogation waiver is in effect for the workers compensation coverage.
The moving company shall be responsible for all damages and losses sustained by them to their tools and equipment utilized in the performance of all work thereunder.
- The Comprehensive General Liability insurance policy shall include coverage for hazards of premises, operation, elevators, products and completed operations. Furthermore, the policy shall also include personal injury and contractual liability coverage and designate the assumptions of liability under performance of the act of moving. Such insurance shall be in limits not less than $1,000,000 per person bodily insurance and personal injury: and $2,000,000 per occurrence in aggregate for property damage. Property damage insurance shall be in broad form, including completed operations.
- Each moving company supplies, furniture and/or equipment through this building shall secure and present to the Property Management a certificate reflecting these coverage’s no later than 72 hours, i.e. 3 business days, before the move takes place.
- The moving company is responsible for removing from the property all packaging and protective materials used in the move including boxes, cartons, "picture/mirror" cartons, corrugate wrapping, plastic sheeting, paper sheets, Styrofoam "peanuts", etc.